MAINE sOCIETY OF
"Promoting the profession of radiologic technology; maintaining high standards of education, enhancing the quality of patient care and furthering the welfare and socioeconomics of radiologic technologists."
The primary responsibilities of R.T. Advocacy is to inform the Medical Imaging community of state and national legislative issues in the region, to gather and disseminate information to and from the affiliates in the region and the Committee on R.T. Advocacy.
What has the MSRT been doing?
- Completed a state wide initiative targeting Senators/Representatives advocating for the CARE BILL and Marca
- Drafted a letter asking for volunteers in Northern, Central and Southern Maine to help communicate information, increase membership acting as an advocate
What does the MSRT plan to do?
- Work with the Maine Legislation for more communication when issues arise that affect our profession.
- Organize a rally on the steps of the State of Maine Capital regarding licensure issues, RA licensure, employment. Meet with the Governor.
- Complete another state wide initative advocating for support of the CARE BILL and Marca.
Support federal professional standards for the personnel who perform medical imaging exams and deliver radiation therapy treatments.
You can make a difference. Take action!
We’ve made it easy for you to make a difference. Use the ASRT Grass-roots Advocacy Action Center, a convenient tool that helps you find contact information for legislators and send messages quickly.